Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lover of my soul V


Nicodemus gets private spiritual lessons from Jesus. John 3:1-21

How many times have you heard that reading the Bible is very important? How about going to church and hearing the word of God? Do you ever feel frustrated after reading the Bible and / or hearing the word because you did not ‘get’ what you read or heard? Nicodemus did not understand what Jesus was telling Him. But Jesus kept talking with Him for He was speaking to Him on the spiritual realm. The spiritual facet of Nicodemus was absorbing the information while his physical brain did not understand. When the spiritual life is fed, changes begin to transpire. It becomes easier to detect problem areas in our thought life and emotional life which underlie the physical, habitual, and behavioral aspects of our being. This awareness is the first step to healing the insides. For God speaks to each one of us according to our understanding. When we respond, He speaks again and again. He wants to continue with the relationship. It is usually us who hinder Him and His work in us. The foremost thing that does this is unbelief or lack of faith. How does one increase the faith?

I wish there was an over the counter pill that I can take to increase my faith. You know, just like those weight loss ads? If it took a long time to gain the weight, why would it take much less time to lose it the healthy way? As is in the natural, so it is with the spiritual. I ought to get in the Word, the Bible. I must spend time with my Lord and Savior. I need to hear His words. I have to focus on doing this and not be distracted by anything. I would not allow anything to stand in my way of getting to know Him better. I have to seek Him as if my life depended on it because it does. This will increase my faith. I may not understand everything I hear or read which is acceptable. But there will be changes; subtle changes, if you will. The Word of God is powerful and cleanses us from the inside out. You will notice the changes when you look back to where you’ve been. You’ll also notice that there is more journey to travel and have the assurance that all is well. You will understand and know God more. Then you can decipher His good and pleasing will for the church as a whole and for your personal life. Your sight will be clearer. You will be grounded on the Rock. How about a challenge? Dive into the Bible.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12-13. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment