Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mountain or molehill

Have you heard the cliché, “make a mountain out of a molehill”? 







We had another family get together for Mother’s Day. My beautiful young friend of one and a half years of age was there. I tried several times to play with her and carry her. She refused. I could have easily considered it rejection. But she was not rejecting me. Perhaps she did not know me enough to trust me.

In relationships, there are many dynamics involved. If we were to dissect the reasons for doing what we do, we may need to write many books. The toddler in the story above already had issues at her young age. Imagine yourself. Have you considered how many issues you have? Some upbringings encourage sweeping problems / issues under a rug. Year after year, the mole hill becomes a mountain. Next time you experience a little nuisance that evokes a strong reaction from you, stop and consider the underlying issues. Sweep underneath the rug. In fact, remove the rug before sweeping, mop the area, wait for it to dry and sparkle with cleanness, and then replace the rug. This is one road to emotional healing. It is a very painful one indeed for during sweeping, you are re-experiencing the emotions.

There is an alternative route. His name is Jesus Christ. He said the following in Matthew 11:28-30, Isaiah 61:1-3, and Matthew 7:7-8 respectively: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” AndThe Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” And “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. So you see, inner healing is available for whomever asks Jesus for it. The choice is yours. Will you continue making a mountain out of a molehill? Or will you give it to Jesus for healing?



No comments:

Post a Comment