Thursday, November 10, 2016

Dresser



Maybe this is a silly post. Sometimes we need to be silly to alleviate stress. We all know how life is very stressful with all of its valleys and mountains. Any who, here goes.

I caught the minimalist virus or maybe just the organization bug. I want to minimize materialistic belongings. Or at least, organize them. I have three dressers that I have used for years. Yes, I have a lot of clothes and a small closet. And no, don't judge me. With usage, one of the drawers in one of them is broken. I have attempted to fix it. My idea of fixing is duct tape. If that doesn't work, attempt a nail and hammer. Well, it needed a nail and hammer. It is all intact. But, one or two nails are hanging out on the side. So every time I open and close the drawer, I am damaging the inner side of the dresser. I have to maneuver the drawer in such a way as to not damage the dresser. In the meantime, I reduced the amount of clothes I have. In actuality, I am just using one dresser. Yes, the one with the broken drawer. The other two managed to contain storage items. The whole plan was to get rid of two dressers and just keep one. You guessed it, I was thinking of keeping the one with the damaged drawer. I didn't have the heart to get rid of any of them. Maybe I am being sentimental, but these dressers bring back memories. Albeit some were bad. The bad or negative usually causes us to appreciate the good. Each dresser has features unlike the other two. Each one is special to me. Each one has a unique character, even the damaged one. Because it was damaged, I took extra special care in handling it. Then it hit me.

All of us are created in God's image. He sees himself in each one of us. He wouldn't abandon us for any reason especially if we are damaged.  He takes extra special care with the damaged, broken, sickly, needy ones. He loves us all unconditionally. As someone once said, "There is nothing you can do to make God love you more or less than he already does." His love is constant as he is constant. He never changes. We change. We don't fully understand him because we are limited by our humanity. If we want to know him or understand him better, all we have to do is ask him.


"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment