Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lover of my soul I


Praise series will be resumed sometime in the near future. Just wish to focus on Jesus these days. 

In this scene of John 1:35-39, two of John the Baptist’s disciples heard John’s testimony of Jesus as the Lamb of God. They started to follow Jesus. He asked what they wanted. They inquired as to where he was staying. “Come,” he replied, “and you will see.”

It is interesting to read the author of the universe not promote himself. He wants others to form their own opinions of him. After all, they will have to choose either to follow him or walk away. Many nowadays promise Jesus doing such and such to attract people to Christ. Why? Isn’t he enough?

If you were anticipating a friendship or any relationship, wouldn’t you spend lots of time with another? You’d want to gauge the other person’s interests, motives, priorities, and value system. You’d want to observe the other in different settings to better assess personality fit. You’d want to know and understand the other better such as how flexible the other is to see if it is a good match. How is this different when it comes to Jesus? The offer still stands, “Come and you will see.”

“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” Revelations 3:20 




No comments:

Post a Comment